FUN, SUN, and GOOD BOOKS!!!!
GREAT Summer Reading Programs!
Summer reading programs at local libraries are listed on the above website. Studies show that children who are read to in the home and who use the library perform better in school.
- Anoka County
- Carver County
- Dakota County
- Hennepin County
- Ramsey County
- St. Paul Public (includes meal program)
- Scott County
Scholastic Summer Online Reading Program
A Magical Summer of Reading
Online Reading and Writing Skills Practice
These are links to the computer programs students use at school.
Students can use the same sign-in as they did at school.
- Lexia: https://www.lexialearning.com/
- Lexia program may ask for a teacher email to begin. Teacher emails are generally the first letter of the teacher’s first name and the entire last name, @stepacademy.org or @stepacademy.com (example email@example.com)
- Raz-Kids: https://www.raz-kids.com/
- IXL: https://www.ixl.com/
- EPIC: https://www.getepic.com/sign-in-student
Book Lists by Grade and Genre
Let students choose their own books to read over summer!
- Elementary School Books
- Middle School Books
- FREE Online Books for High School Students
Reading and Writing Skills Online Resources
- Sight Words (words to know)
- Spelling Lists (G1-9)
- Reading Rockets… READING IDEAS (GK-5)
- Word Game Puzzles (all grades)
- Story Corp (For older students working on their listening skills.)
- StoryCorps’ mission is to preserve and share humanity’s stories in order to build connections between people and create a more just and compassionate world.