Now Enrolling for 2023-2024 school year.
STEP St Paul
835 5th St E, St Paul, MN 55106
Phone: (651) 289-6120
14450 Burnhaven Dr, Burnsville, MN 55306
Phone: (952) 856-8521
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. STEP Academy teaches students the skills they need for today’s careers.
College and Career Readiness (CCR) prepares students for college and career readiness and success. Students participate in activities that incorporate strategies focused on writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization, and reading to support their academic growth.
Students have the option to enroll in college programs while still at STEP Academy through PSEO. Learning the skills needed to be successful in college through CCR.
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, STEP Academy is no longer offering school tours. Please call the office for firsthand information about the school.
STEP Academy will empower students to use their personal attributes and acquired knowledge to lead productive lives and become contributing members of the global community.
STEP Academy will…
- Ensure a safe and nurturing learning environment where all members are valued.
- Recognize every learner as an individual with unique qualities.
- Motivate students to academic excellence in reading, writing, and math.
- Provide enriching experiences in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
- Prepare students with the skills and knowledge to take college classes prior to high school graduation and/or be successful in a variety of post-graduate options.
- Provide high quality individualized programs to ensure success of all students.
- Collaborate with families and other partners to develop shared ownership of the learning community.
- Promote the development of responsible and contributing members of a global society.
What We Offer
Unique services designed for our students.
Each classroom has a chromebook for every student to enhance learning
Over 50% of juniors/seniors enrolled in PSEO classes
Additional staff, training, and curriculum to support students learning English.
Students build relationships throughout school
100% graduation rate 2016-17
Average class size of
20 students (K-2)
25 Students (3-12)
POSITIVE BEHAVIOR SYSTEM
We’re part of a MN positive behavior cohort (PBIS)
K-12 integration of STEM principles
Trio Upward Bound
MN STEP Academy is a K-12 Charter School in St. Paul and Burnsville Minnesota.
It is our vision to promote college-readiness by ensuring that all students are motivated to academic excellence, can qualify to obtain college credit while in high school, are fully prepared to enter college and graduate, with the critical knowledge and skills required for employment in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) careers.
As a public school open to all students, it also reaches out to students who are underserved by traditional schools and are underrepresented within STEM fields.